- Editor for strategy and platforms, Opinion
- Newsday (2017 - Present)
- Lead a team that uses technology to reconceptualize the opinion department’s
traditional offerings — daily editorials, commentary and reader submissions —
with the goal of presenting the best argument across all platforms. I develop
and maintain partnerships across departments to keep opinion connected to
digital efforts across Newsday.
- Multimedia Producer
- Newsday (June 2012 - 2017)
- Produced video and interactive content for the editorial board. Supervised the opinion section’s
digital presence, including managing a producer and writer. Dramatically
increased page views and user engagement using a combination of search engine
optimization, social media and web exclusive projects.
- Digital Media Associate
- Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism (June 2011 - June 2012)
- Provided multimedia journalism training to students
and faculty. Created and implemented lesson plans to teach video, audio,
interactive storytelling and web development. Guided students in the use of
new technology and story telling tools.
- Freelance Reporter/Producer
- May 2008 - June 2012
- PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO: NPR, Columbia University, DNAinfo.com, St. Louis Jewish Light.
- REPORTING: Wrote about community events for the Bronx Free Press and blogged regularly for AOL News from May 2008 to Aug. 2009 on general news and politics for the college news section of the network’s political magazine, including several posts featured on AOL’s homepage.
- Editor in Chief / Director of New Media
- Student Life Newspaper (August 2006 - May 2010)
- Oversaw the production of award-winning multimedia presentations, including
an audio slideshow about responses to sexual assault at Washington University.
Led an initiative to redesign StudLife.com. Coordinated training sessions on
multimedia storytelling and production. Developed a strategy for the use of
Facebook and Twitter in the newsroom as a tool for reporting and promotion.
- New York University Leonard N. Stern School of Business
- Master of Business Administration, 2018 (expected)
- Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
- M.S., Journalism, 2010 - 2011
Concentrated in digital media with coursework in long-form video and data
visualization. Reported weekly from a school in Queens and developed a beat
in the South Bronx. Produced two short documentary videos with an emphasis on
narrative storytelling. Graduated with honors.
- Washington University in St. Louis
- B.A., English, 2006 - 2010
Graduated magna cum laude. Wrote an honors thesis researching memory in
American Holocaust fiction. Completed a minor in political science. Recognized
on the dean’s list for seven semesters.
- Finalist, Investigative Reporters and Editors Award
- Recognized in the 2012 student category for “Lobbies at the Top,” a project
completed with The New York World.
- Pulitzer Traveling Fellowship
- Awarded in 2011 by the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism to
“enable outstanding students to travel and study abroad, observing people,
politics and society and the character of the foreign press.”
- Gregory Freeman Award for Achievement in Journalism
- Awarded in 2010 by Washington University Student Media, Inc. to recognize
significant contributions to the quality of Student Life Newspaper and service
to the Washington University community.
Boards and Memberships
- Washington University Student Media, Inc.
- A board of Washington University alumni who advise and train student
About me |