Sam Guzik is a multimedia journalist and digital strategist.
- Multimedia Producer
- Newsday (June 2012 - Present)
- Produced video and interactive content for the editorial board. Supervised the opinion section’s
digital presence, including managing a producer and writer. Dramatically
increased page views and user engagement using a combination of search engine
optimization, social media and web exclusive projects.
- Digital Media Associate
- Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism (June 2011 - June 2012)
- Provided multimedia journalism training to students
and faculty. Created and implemented lesson plans to teach video, audio,
interactive storytelling and web development. Guided students in the use of
new technology and story telling tools.
- Freelance Reporter/Producer
- May 2008 - June 2012
- Contributed video, photography and reporting about community events to
DNAinfo.com, The Bronx Free Press, the St. Louis Jewish Light and AOL News.
- Editor in Chief / Director of New Media
- Student Life Newspaper (August 2006 - May 2010)
- Oversaw the production of award-winning multimedia presentations, including
an audio slideshow about responses to sexual assault at Washington University.
Led an initiative to redesign StudLife.com. Coordinated training sessions on
multimedia storytelling and production. Developed a strategy for the use of
Facebook and Twitter in the newsroom as a tool for reporting and promotion.
- New York University Leonard N. Stern School of Business
- Master of Business Administration, 2018 (expected)
- Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
- M.S., Journalism, 2010 - 2011
- Washington University in St. Louis
- B.A., English, 2006 - 2010